James Clemens Swimming and Diving 2019-2020 Information
All paperwork is done ONLINE using DragonflyMax. Paperwork can be located at https://jamesclemensathletics.com/athletic-forms/. Please locate it under Athletics on the left hand side, and the link Athletics Form. Packets will only be accepted in entirety.
Please ensure forms are the in the order listed below.
- Birth Certificate*
- NFHS Sportsmanship*
- Physical (completed and signed)
- AHSAA Concussion Form
- AHSAA Student Release
- MCS Insurance
- Huntsville Hospital Release Form
- MCS Ride Release
- JCHS Athletic Handbook Signature Page
*These forms are only for athletes new to the program.
Google Form for Interested Athletes
Please complete this google form if you are interested in swimming and/or diving for JCHS during the 2018-2019 season. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1GL9F_G3uuXyAYMxdX8SWNlCF-kZRTIa7crqIJMEv6B4/edit
Swimming Tryouts Wednesday, April 10th – Thursday, April 11th
- Location: Outdoor Dublin
- Time: 4:00 – 6:30 PM
- Equipment needed: Swimsuit, cap, goggles, running shorts, socks, running shoes, water bottle
- Mandatory attendance
- Transportation is not provided by the school
- Team will be posted at Outdoor Dublin on Friday, April 12th.
Criteria for Swim Team Selection
The coach’s decisions will be based on any, some, or all of the following:
- swimmer fitness and ability to sustain training for a 2 ½ hour workout
- swimmer knowledge and ability in the four competitive strokes including turns and starts
- availability of space
- team roster needs; for example- butterfliers, distance freestylers, divers, IM swimmers, etc…
- attitude and dedication to James Clemens Swimming and Diving
- team size is subject to change during the season to accommodate move-ins, move-outs, injuries, etc…
First Swim and Dive Practice Monday, August 19th 7:00 – 9:00 AM(V)/4:00-5:30(JV)
- Practice schedule will be distributed at this time.
- We will not practice in the afternoons on Fridays in August (JV).
Mandatory Parent Meeting Monday, April 15th, 2019
- Location: Dublin Pool (outside patio at top pool)
- Due payment will take place between 6:00-6:30 pm and after the meeting
- Swimmers Fees: $150 +team suit + required apparel
- Divers Fees: $150 +team suit + required apparel
- Meeting will start promptly at 6:30 pm
- A parent from each family must attend. Athletes must attend.
Please e-mail any questions or concerns to Head Coach Molly Waddell at firstname.lastname@example.org